Jobs at SystemOne
AWS Network Specialist
SystemOne is a connected diagnostics and disease intelligence company that is committed to improving clinical care in low and middle income countries. We are improving lives via SystemOne's Aspect™ platform that moves data from millions of real-time HIV and Tuberculosis patient diagnostic tests in 42 countries and the pace is accelerating. We’ve facilitated unprecedented volumes and quality of data to measure disease outbreaks, patient care, the utilization of donor-purchased equipment and reagents, and component efficiencies within the health system. We are now looking to support countries as they unlock the value of these data in their health system through our data use program.
Network Specialist Position Description
SystemOne is seeking a Network Specialist to help execute our IoT solutions for the Global Health community. The primary scope of this work shall include:
- Engineering (designing, developing, installing, configuring, testing, and implementing) various orders involving our medical diagnostic equipment IoT network solutions
- Identifying and analyzing technical requirements; documenting detailed system designs, implementation plans, and operations guides for network systems; participate in both project and operational meetings; providing Tier 3 level support utilizing change control processes
- Designing, testing, installing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting of Wireless, VPN and LAN equipment
- Working with 3rd party and internal departments in integrating wireless equipment with current VPN and security infrastructure
- Optimizing network and VPN performance while fulfilling security requirements for user/device authentication, encryption and intrusion detection
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and modification of network hardware and software
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must embrace SystemOne Core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple.
- 3G Router configuration. (APN, IPSec, Mac/IP Filtering, Port Forwarding)
- Core networking concepts. (subnetting, NAT, routing, firewalling, IP traffic monitoring, and connectivity troubleshooting)
- AWS core services. (VPC, EC2 and Route5)
- Software based network configuration, management and monitoring tools on Linux. (iptables, tcpdump, quagga)
- Linux CLI. (Networking, SSH and File System Commands)
- VPN concepts, technologies and platforms. (BGP, ipsec, StrongSwan, OpenVPN)
- IoT technologies and concepts.
- Self-starter and ability to lead project initiatives.
- Project and relationship management, detail-focused and able to manage towards aggressive goals and timelines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time; highly likely to travel to 3-5 developing nations each year, build professional and personal relationships with in-country counterparts, and maintain those relationships over time.
Advantageous Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Content distribution networks and AWS core services. (CloudFront, CloudFlare).
- Configuring networks on new Linux distributions. (Netplan)
- IP and mobile data networking convergence technologies. (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA2000, IP, ATM)
- Internet security protocols. (OpenSSL)
- HTTP(s) routing, proxy and SSL termination (Nginx, Apache)
- AWS IoT Services.