Jobs at SystemOne
SystemOne is a connected diagnostics and disease intelligence company that is committed to improving clinical care in low and middle-income countries. We are improving lives via SystemOne's Aspect™ platform that moves data from millions of real-time HIV and Tuberculosis patient diagnostic tests in 42 countries, and the pace is accelerating. We’ve facilitated unprecedented volumes and quality of data to measure disease outbreaks, patient care, the utilization of donor-purchased equipment and reagents, and component efficiencies within the health system. We are now looking to support countries as they unlock the incredible value of these data in their health system through our data use program.
Network Engineer Position Description
SystemOne is seeking a Network Engineer to help execute our IoT solutions for the Global Health community. This is a temporary (2-3 month) full-time position with a planned part-time extension. The primary scope of this work shall include:
- Engineering (designing, developing, installing, configuring, testing, and implementing) various orders involving our medical diagnostic equipment IoT network solutions.
- Scripting infrastructure as code on AWS as well as datacenter based Linux instances.
- Network configuration on Windows Server, Windows 7 & XP, Netcom wireless routers, Raspberry Pi OS/Raspbian.
- Identifying and analyzing technical requirements; documenting detailed system designs, implementation plans, and operations guides for network systems; participate in both project and operational meetings; providing Tier 3 level support utilizing change control processes.
- Testing, installing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting of cellular routers.
- Designing, improving & maintaining virtual WAN using standard tunnelling infrastructure such as OpenVPN, strongSwan IPSec, Quagga/Zebra & Linux firewall.
- Optimizing network and VPN performance while fulfilling security requirements for user/device authentication, encryption and intrusion detection.
- Performing regular penetration tests on all of the company’s network points that are exposed to the internet.
- Report on data use for SIM cards deployed in the field.
- Identify and mitigate unnecessary network traffic on devices connected to SystemOne’s network using cellular modems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must embrace SystemOne Core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple.
- Core networking concepts. (OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, subnetting, NAT, routing, firewalling, IP traffic monitoring, and connectivity troubleshooting)
- Cellular Modem Router configuration. (APN, IPSec, Mac/IP Filtering, Port Forwarding)
- AWS core services. (VPC, EC2 and Route53)
- Software based network configuration, management and monitoring tools on Linux. (UFW, NetPlan, TCPdump, Quagga/Zebra)
- Linux CLI. (bash terminal, networking, SSH, File System Commands)
- VPN concepts, technologies and platforms. (IPSec, OpenVPN, BGP, Routing)
- Network security (x509 Certificates, hashing, encryption & encapsulation)
- Self-starter, ability to lead project initiatives and ability to align work with company goals.
- Project and relationship management, detail-focused and able to manage towards aggressive goals and timelines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Advantageous Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Infrastructure as code scripting platforms. (AWS CLI, CloudFormation, Ansible)
- Content distribution networks and AWS core services. (IoT Services, CloudFront, CloudFlare)
- IP and mobile data networking convergence technologies. (5G, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA2000, ATM, IPX)
- Roaming SIM card providers & platforms such as Twilio IoT.
- Retrofit IoT hardware components & systems such as Arduino & Raspberry Pi.
- HTTP(s) routing, proxy and SSL termination (Nginx, Apache)
We have offices located in Northampton, Massachusetts, USA and Johannesburg, South Africa. This is a remote position and we are looking for candidates from the Americas, Africa, and Europe in order to keep the time difference manageable for the team.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.