See what matters
A Flexible and Comprehensive Tool
Our Solutions Span Every Network and Every Communication Protocol.
When information moves faster than disease, everyone wins. The Aspect software platform integrates with diagnostic devices to bring test results to clinicians, partners, and program staff through a private and secure communications network and extremely flexible reporting mechanisms. Aspect transparently handles everything from communicating test results to monitoring instrument operations. Patients can even be alerted when results are available.
Automated Data Management
Better Disease Intelligence for Better Disease Management
Aspect connects lab devices to allow diagnostic result tracking for TB, HIV, HCV, Ebola, Zika and other diseases. The system automates and sends custom notifications for summary test results and trends, commodities management, error rates, utilization rates, and more. Notifications are sent via SMS or email, and automated reports are sent to multiple recipients on demand or on your schedule.
Designed for simple, rapid deployment, Aspect works with local systems and may be hosted on SystemOne's secure, reliable servers, or locally.
Modern Technology for Scalability and Integration.
Aspect is optimized to communicate healthcare data in both infrastructure-challenged and fully modernized settings. Every diagnostic device in a country can be connected via cellular data networks using smart 2G/3G routers, for rapid and secure data transmission. Results and analyses are delivered to the healthcare team via internet, cellular data network, and SMS.
Aspect’s disease- and device-independence means that you can add data streams to Aspect as they become available. For instance, if a new device is installed in a lab, or your program needs to add a disease stream for comparative purposes or co-infection monitoring.
Where a country is under contract, there is no charge.
- Secure capture and transmission of test data in the lab, directly from the diagnostic instrument to
- Capture of patient demographic data
- Interface with a variety of instruments and assays, LIMS, and case management systems
- Controlled access to individual test results, as well as aggregate results
- Support for supply chain management through an automatic calculation of consumption rate for disposables
- Automatic alerts via SMS and/or email triggered by clinical events (e.g. “send an SMS if there is a new positive result”) and/or operational events (e.g. “send an email if a device needs service”)
- Monitoring of device warranty and calibration requirements and records
- All data downloadable and exportable.
Aspect provides both visual and real-time reporting and alert components to help national, regional and district-level coordinators manage the diagnostic device implementations and view:
- Device reporting and days offline
- Device error rates at each facility
- Utilization rates of instruments, problematic modules causing errors and modules which have failed and are no longer in use
- Service and Warranty requirements for each individual instrument
- Stock levels per facility, as well as the consumption rates to assist with planning, forecasting, and notifications before a facility runs out of stock
- Warnings of excessive stock at a facility which is likely to expire before use (based on the utilization of that specific laboratory) to reduce cartridge waste.
The first platform, GxAlert, focused on connecting Cepheid’s GeneXpert instrument to support tuberculosis and HIV programs. SystemOne’s newest iteration, Aspect, has the ability to connect multi-diseases and multi-devices (GeneXpert, MGIT, Abbott m2000 and others) allowing diagnostic result tracking in real-time for TB, HIV, HCV, Ebola, Zika etc.
Aspect has been designed to operate with other health systems and services. Since the basic information coming into Aspect is real-time diagnostic results from diagnostic devices in the field, we’ve utilized a webhook type of technology to push events from Aspect out to other systems based on the content of the test result. We currently have a webhook for e-TB Manager, DISA, Open MRS, and OpenLDR and have the ability to develop a webhook for any other health system integration.
Any language can be supported by Aspect. Users can select a language on the login page or the user profile page. The platform is currently available in English, French, Portuguese, Vietnamese, German, Swahili, Indonesian and Russian. Any further translations can be made possible by the development team.
Security is a top concern, especially when dealing with patient-level information. As such, considerable effort has been made to ensure the data is handled with the utmost care in accordance with the Patient Charter. There are several discreet sections to the system:
GeneXpert-to-GxAlert: Protecting data in transit
- Telco’s Virtual Private Network (VPN), coded into the SIM card itself. Uses world-class authentication, encryption algorithms, hash algorithms, and key exchange.
- Telco’s private Access Point Network (APN) to prevent unauthorized interaction with non-HMIS servers and systems.
- Hamachi VPN. Secures the data from the PC level through to GxAlert system. This is mostly redundant with the telco VPN but wraps the entire PC/laptop in VPN; in the event a user swaps out the secure telco modem for another modem, communications will still remain encrypted in transit, thanks to Hamachi.
Aspect environment: Reports, Certifications, and Independent Attestations
- Adheres to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements
- Supports FIPS 140-2 compliant endpoints
- Certified as FISMA Moderate environment
- SSAE 16/SOC1/ISAE 3402 professional standards (formerly SAS-70 Type 2)
- ISO/IEC 27001
- PCI DSS Level 1
- HIPAA compliant
- The data center is housed in a nondescript facility.
- Physical access is strictly controlled both at the perimeter and at building ingress points by professional security staff utilizing video surveillance, intrusion detection systems, and other electronic means.
- Authorized staff must pass two-factor authentication a minimum of two times to access data center floors.
- All visitors and contractors are required to present identification and are signed in and continually escorted by authorized staff.
- Access to the data center is only provided to employees and contractors who have a legitimate business need for such privileges. When an employee no longer has a business need for these privileges, his or her access is immediately revoked, even when they continue to be an employee.
- All physical access to data centers is logged and audited routinely.
- Data within the environment is encrypted. Appropriate backup and recovery procedures are in place.
Aspect-to-SMS and email messaging
- Alerts sent over SMS, voice or email do not contain “Patient ID”, the only personally-identifiable information (PII) data element in the device test results. Alerts focus instead on what actions the recipient can take. This emphasis both supports security best practices and puts the emphasis on responding to new MDR suspected cases.
Aspect-to-open MRS (or another M&E system)
- Industry-standard SSL and encryption technology prevent data from being intercepted in transit.